6 Habits Of Women With Great Hair
Wouldn’t it be nice to have hair that actually obeyed you in the morning? The truth is, effortless lovely locks aren’t that difficult to get. It just takes the right kind of maintenance to ensure your hair looks great day in and day out.
“I tell many of my clients to follow these steps to have all-around, great hair every day,” says Estelle Baumhauer, the Color Director at eSalon.com. Learn how to keep your tresses picture-perfect all the time:
- Quality haircut: “Starting with the right cut makes it easier to style your hair and look great every day,” says Estelle. “Find the right style that will flatter your face shape and hair type.” Keep it maintained with regular trims – an overgrown style may not be the best look.
- Update your style: Don’t get stuck in a style rut. As you age, your face, body, and hair can change, so your longtime favorite hairstyle may not work as well for you now. “Even a simple update, such as going slightly shorter, getting bangs or face-framing layers, can give you a fresh, flattering look,” suggests Estelle.
- The right products: “Use hair products that have been formulated to treat your hair type,” says Estelle. “For example, if you have dry hair, use a moisturizing product to get the best results.” Matching your hair type (such as oily, curly, colored, or more) to the right products will prevent you from fading or weighing down your hair, and will bring out your best hair day.
- Heat protection: Although we love our curling irons and blow dryers, extended heat can damage the hair’s cuticle and make hair dull, dry, and brittle. Do your best to use heat-protecting hair products and limit use of heated tools. “One idea is to let hair air-dry about 75% of the way, then blow dry the rest. And use a leave-in conditioner to keep hair hydrated throughout the day,” says Estelle.
- Use natural texture: If you have curly hair, don’t spend all your time trying to make it pin-straight. “Use products that will enhance your natural texture, whether it’s straight, curly or wavy. Not only does this save you time, but it will prevent unwanted bad hair days!” says Estelle.
- Flattering color: Make sure your hair color complements your complexion. The perfect shade can bring out flattering undertones in your skin and even make you look younger. eSalon.com makes it easy and affordable to color your hair right at home. And it’s already ruffling the feathers of hairstylists across the country.
Estelle says: “Outraged colorists tell me, ‘You’re going to put us out of business!’”
They’re outraged because eSalon provides high quality home hair color at an affordable price, under the guidance of salon professionals. And it’s nothing like the one-size-fits-all boxed hair color you get at a drugstore.
Instead, eSalon provides custom blended hair color like you’d get in a salon. They use salon-grade ingredients that leave hair soft, shiny and provide excellent gray coverage. The personalized pigment even has your name on the bottle, because it’s made for you and no one else.
For the ultimate convenience, the order is delivered to your doorstep for under $20. Compare that to the $100-plus price tag local hairdressers charge!
Right now, first time customers can get a full color kit for just $9.95 (50% savings!) by visiting www.eSalon.com. Try it now!