11 Ways To Cut Down Morning Hairstyling Time
When you’re a woman on the go, you don’t have time to style your hair all morning. The hair experts at eSalon.com, an online company that provides personalized, custom blended home hair color, share easy shortcuts to make hairstyling a snap!
- Easy volume: Before going to bed, spritz volumizing spray over wet hair, then wrap it into a loose bun at the top of your head and secure it with bobby pins. Let it down in the morning and your hair will be full of bouncy volume – no effort needed.
- No-heat waves: Before bed, apply mousse to wet hair from roots to ends. Braid hair into two pigtails on either side of your head, starting at the middle of the hair. In the morning, just unwind the braids and you’ll have easy, beachy waves.
- Preemptive frizz control: Before bed, apply leave-in conditioner to wet hair and comb it through the ends. Part your hair into two pigtails, and then divide each side into three sections. Create a pin curl with each section by starting at the roots and winding it around two fingers. Secure each pin curl to your scalp with a clip. In the morning, just unclip and soften the curls, and you’ll have sleek locks.
- Moisturize: Your hair will be much more manageable if it’s well-hydrated. Save yourself some time by using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. If your hair is prone to tangles, use a wide-tooth comb to detangle it in the shower. Follow up with a leave-in conditioner if your hair is extra dry and hard to manage.
- Treat coarse hair: Make coarse hair easier to style by using a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo to cleanse it and condition it often. Extra conditioner will help restore moisture – which makes your hair more cooperative when you’re styling it in a hurry.
- Limp hair booster: If you have fine, limp hair, getting the right haircut can eliminate styling time. A bob with defined edges gives your hair more volume and doesn’t require excessive maintenance, so it’s like having pre-styled hair!
- Natural texture: A quick way to style your hair and go is by using a product that enhances your hair’s natural texture. Apply a quick coat of texturizing spray or shine spray that will work with your hair, rather than against it. Going with your natural texture will make styling a piece of cake.
- Don’t overstyle: Your hairstyle doesn’t need to be flawless. Try wrapping your hair into a quick, messy bun at the top of your head and securing it with bobby pins. This look can be done in a snap but is still elegant.
- Easy blowout: Go to bed with wet hair pulled into a ponytail. In the morning, your hair should still be damp. Then, blow dry your damp hair until it’s completely dry. It takes much less time than usual, but looks like a perfect, voluminous blowout!
- Quick flatiron: Instead of spending time sectioning and straightening your whole head of hair with a flatiron, just straighten the strands around your face. This will give you a polished look, without involving all the time and work.
- Sleek ponytail: The ponytail is a standard last-minute hairstyle, but you can make yours look polished with a few quick touches. First, start off with a deep side part. Then pull all your hair to the back, using a touch of hairspray to keep it sleek. Secure the ponytail low and wrap an extra strand of hair around the hairband – this is the trick for turning a common ponytail into a polished one!